Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers below to some of the frequently asked questions on CloSYS. If you have more questions or want to speak to someone at CloSYS about any concerns please get in touch.
What is the CloSYS Oral Health System?
The CloSYS Oral Health System™ is comprised of Alcohol-Free Oral Health Rinse (available original unflavored or Gentle Mint Flavor) and CloSYS Toothpaste (available with fluoride or fluoride-free). Also available is CloSYS Fresh Breath Oral Spray.
What is in CloSYS Oral Health products?
CloSYS patented products contain Cloralstan® (stabilized chlorine dioxide). As formulated into CloSYS products, Cloralstan® impedes plaque formation, oxidizes volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs) and kills harmful bacteria that irritate gums and cause bad breath.
What is Cloralstan® and how is it activated?
When introduced into the mouth, the solution is naturally activated by the amino acids in saliva, creating a small and very safe amount of chlorine dioxide. Cloralstan® is also activated by motion – such as tooth-brushing.
Are CloSYS products and Cloralstan® safe?
Yes. Key components of CloSYS with Cloralstan®, chlorine dioxide and chlorite, have been used to purify drinking water, and as a result the safety of these compounds have been extensively studied by researchers and documented by the US government (Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Health and Human Services).
What makes CloSYS patented formula unique?
The activation of CloSYS with Cloralstan® is primarily dependent on the pH and concentration. A balanced pH is 6.5 to 8.0, and CloSYS is patented within this range.
What makes CloSYS Oral Health Product unique?
1. CloSYS attacks bacteria that cause plaque build-up which may lead to gum disease without killing other bacteria important to digestion and a healthy mouth.
2. CloSYS kills these harmful bacteria quickly and effectively and inhibits their regrowth.
3. CloSYS does not harm cells and functions associated with healing and healthy tissue.
4. CloSYS oxides volatile sulfur compounds that enable oral infections to occur
5. CloSYS toothpastes do not contain Triclosan or sulfates found to irritate oral tissue. CloSYS toothpaste is very low in abrasivity making it ideal for those with sensitive mouths, oral sores or concerned about damaging their tooth enamel.
6. CloSYS oral rinse is alcohol-free which will not burn allowing the user to rinse longer.
How does CloSYS help maintain oral wellness?
Clinical and case studies indicate use of products from the CloSYS Oral Health System may: eliminate or reduce oral malodor and VSCs in the mouth for eight hours or more after use and reduce indicators of gum disease.
Does the CloSYS System reduce plaque?
Yes. CloSYS products kill bacteria that help plaque form, and when plaque calcifies on teeth, tartar forms. CloSYS products do not remove tartar which is properly done only by a dental professional during regular teeth cleanings.
Who should use CloSYS products?
Anyone serious about their health and about maintaining good oral health, periodontal patients, and people with oral malodor (halitosis) should use these products. Everyone can benefit from using this patented system which can be used every day without need of a prescription.
Why are there no sulfates in CloSYS toothpastes?
A potential consequence of the presence of sulfate is the formation of ulcers (commonly referred to as: canker sores) in the mouth. CloSYS fluoride and fluoride-free toothpastes are formulated sulfate-free to avoid possible oral ulcers.